Visit the Stockton Heritage Museum and you will:
- Learn about the founding families who helped put Stockton on the map
- Find out what other names were under consideration for the new village
- Gain an understanding of the role the railroad played in the early days of Stockton and see a model train in action
- Find out which Fortune 500 company built their first cheese manufacturing plant in Stockton, and learn why they chose Stockton
The Stockton Heritage Museum also:
- Collects and preserves the oral, written, and pictorial memoirs and data of the history of Stockton and Northwestern Illinois
- Assembles and displays artifacts that provide a window into Stockton’s past
- Encourages and aids individuals interested in historical research
- Presents programs that share the stories and rich history of Stockton and the area.
The logo of the Museum shows the plow share for agriculture, a pick for lead mining in the area, and a feather for the rich history of the Native Americans of the area.