Become a Veteran’s Database Volunteer!
Interested in research and Veteran’s history?
We are looking for people who are interested in helping us honor, preserve, and expand our veteran’s history database. We need volunteers to help us document the military and personal life (i.e. create a bio) of Stockton area veterans.
You can choose to do this for:
- A family member
- A friend
- A classmate
- A Veteran who is or has been a resident of the greater Stockton community
- Names can be added to the wall if they have served 6 months of active and are still serving or have received any discharge that is not dishonorable.
- Any veteran on the list (may help to have some connection with them or their family)
What does the Veteran’s Biography Project involve?
You will collect information to add to the veteran’s biography, including family and military data, documents and photos. We have a simple “fill-in-the-blank” form that can serve as a guide. We also welcome additional information or stories about their family, school and education, reflection on their time in the military, jobs and work life, interests and hobbies, and anything that helps to tell the story of their life. Finished forms and materials can be mailed or emailed to the museum.
If you’re interested in this project, we can help you choose a veteran and get you started. Email us or call Warren Dixon at 815-947-2220 and leave a message.
Other ways you can help
We have additional volunteer opportunities for our Veteran’s project including:
- Sorting and filing documents
- Gathering photos
- Scanning documents and photographs
- Entering data into our computer
- Writing and assembling information into biographies
Email us or call Warren Dixon at 815-947-2220 and let us know what you’re interested in doing. We will be glad to discuss your interests and help you get started.