Stockton Community Honors our Veterans from the Civil War to today’s All Volunteer Military
Civil War Statue erected in 1908 at the Railroad Park in Stockton by the Ladies Circle of the G.A.R. No 51 and J.A. Maltby Post 520
G.A.R.Statue inscribed as follows:
1908 In honor of our Nations Defenders who saved our Union 1861-1865
Relocated to Stockton Memorial Park in 1974
Civil War Statue erected in 1910 at the Ladies Union Cemetery.
Statue inscribed as follows:
Erected by J.A. Maltby Post No 520 G.A.R. and Patriotic Citizens of Stockton Illinois 1910
Stands in present day Ladies Union Cemetery
Stockton Roll of Honor on South Main 1940-50sThe “Stockton World War II Honor Roll” was designed and lettered by Chet Heindel. The wall stood on the West side of South Main for many years. Chet kept the wall current with additions of new enrollees and gold stars for those who would not return. This wall was removed in the 1950s. A replica of the wall is displayed in the local American Legion Hall.
Present Day Stockton Memorial Park
The original Civil War statue from the Railroad Park was relocated to the Stockton Memorial Park and re-dedicated on July 4, 1974 by the Heritage League of Northwest Illinois
In 1984, American Legion Post 449 added 2 large bronze plaques listing all Stockton Veterans who died in service during Wartime.